At the Macon Bacon, our Host Families are a big part of our Bacon Family! Summer collegiate baseball has a long tradition of housing players during each season. As a host family you provide a college baseball player a “home away from home” while they are playing for the Macon Bacon.
During the summer, you will get an inside look at summer collegiate baseball and will help a young player continue along the path of his dream of making it to professional baseball.
Host Family Requirements:
- Provide a place to sleep and a bathroom for the player(s)
- Provide a place for the player(s) to do their personal laundry and cook, if needed
- Understand a player’s practice and game schedule (they will be getting home late most days during the season)
- Create an open line of communication with the player’s parents
- Make the player(s) feel comfortable in their home and the community
- Establish a set of guidelines early on so the player(s) know what to expect of them
- Respect a player’s privacy
- Be a good listener if a player is stressed about playing time, homesickness, etc.
- Not required to provide transportation
Host families are welcome to cook and include players in family activities, but are not required to do so. Host families will receive tickets for everyone in their immediate family to attend all regular-season Macon Bacon home games.
What we expect of our players:
- Know what is expected and acceptable in the host family’s home
- Be respectful of your surroundings
- Clean up after yourself
- Be willing to participate in family activities when appropriate
- Serve as a positive role model for younger children in your host family
- Be willing to communicate with your host family about anything
If you would like to take advantage of this unique experience or any additional information, please fill out the interest form below.
If you have any questions please reach out to Logan Goodman at [email protected] or at 478-219-2561